Happy Monday, everyone! How was your weekend? And for our friends to the south, hopefully you're enjoying a relaxing day off today. I've noticed lately that I've had an affinity for things that are a little more girly then I would usually go for. One of these things is bows. They seem to be popping up in my outfits a little more frequently. I remember having those little plastic bow barrettes when I was a kid, so perhaps it's just me being nostalgic.



left to right } Take-A-Bow Jacket, Metropolis Bolero, blair capelet

In an effort to incorporate bows without being too over the top in frilliness, I thought mixing them with heavier fabrics would be a nice compromise. This Take-A-Bow Jacket from Anthropologie is just right! Made of soft knit cotton, it would add a little flair to any outfit. I also like the Metropolis Bolero with its Swiss dot detail. Available at Mod Cloth, it looks lovely paired with a brightly coloured skirt. And finally there is the blair capelet by Anabela of fieldguided (who just got engaged by the way, Congratulations!). Made of wool flannel, it's sure to keep you warm on those cool crisp days. Ahh...I'm dreaming of autumn already.

And I think this would be be so cute as a pillow!

Oh, and there were a couple of requests for this recipe, so I'll be posting it later this week :).

Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Janick - Nea said...

    Ohhh love that Take-a-Bow jacket!!

    YAY! Thank you for recipe! Will be waiting patiently :D  

  2. anabela said...

    Oh! Thank you so much! xo  

  3. Melissa de la Fuente said...

    *sigh* lovely,lovely, bows! I love your picks....they are all so pretty and smart!
    xo
    Melis  

  4. heather smith jones said...

    Ahhh, that capelet, is so charming.