Hello Friends! Hope this post finds you all enjoying some sunshine! It has been rather wet and rainy here lately so we haven't been seeing much of the sun. But once it did start to peek out, I pulled out some of my bright colours and made some lemonade. Eventhough I tend to burn easily, it feels so good to be out in the sun.

And putting together some sunny day items reminded me of going to the beach when I was a kid. My mom would take us to a nearby beach for the afternoon and when we got home we'd smell like suntan lotion and sand. I'm not much of a beach person now, but I still love that smell.

Then I got to thinking about summer vacation and going on road trips with the family to exciting destinations that we couldn't wait to get to.



photos via Uppercase { left } and a touch of vintage { right }

I love this Travel Journal f
rom Sukie. The cover illustration is great, makes me want to pack up and head to the lake! It is filled with assorted paper and even has some envelopes to keep treasures safe. It's currently available at Uppercase. I think for parents, the challenge is always trying to find things to pass time in the car. I remember having a red View Master along with reels filled with fun destinations. This great Bakelite version is available at a touch of vintage.

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. hrsj said...

    Oh i have fond memories of our viewmaster. we used to also play mangetic car bingo in the car. now i think kids watch dvd's, which seems a little less fun but probably easy on the parents.
    will you travel this summer?  

  2. Kathryn said...

    heather: oh, car bingo! that sounds fun. i seem to remember having "travel trouble" which was quite noisy and probably drove my parents crazy! don't have plans to travel in the summer, but probably in the fall :)